Can you make chicken pot pie with cream of mushroom soup?
As a cook, can you make chicken pot pie with cream of mushroom soup? This question is one that several people have had to ask over the years, and the truth is this—yes, you can! If you have ever made chicken pot pie with any creamy soup, you’d agree that the presence of veggies is a total must! The more veggies you add in the mix, the crunchier and better your meal tastes.
Mushroom is another of those veggies that can go through tumbles in heat and still retain its crunchiness. In this outline, we will be looking at how you can make chicken pot pie with cream of mushroom soup!
Chicken pot pie with cream of mushroom soup recipe
The chicken pot pie with cream of mushroom soup recipe covers all of the following;
A can of mushroom soup
Chicken bouillon, i.e., broth
1. Start by boiling your chicken in a large pot. Add enough water and boil till the meat becomes very tender.
2. Once the meat is tender enough, you can then proceed to remove the bones.
3. Preheat your oven to a temperature of 375-degree Fahrenheit.
4. Pour in the mushroom soup in the can to a bowl. Place this bowl on a cooker burning with medium heat.
5. Then, add your peas, carrots, and any other veggie you have in mind. You could also add chopped mushroom leaves.
6. Add in your chicken bouillon to give the mix taste.
7. Add bits of chicken into the mix and allow it to simmer
8. Place a pie crust on a surface and then, pour in the chicken mix.
9. Use another pie crust to cover the mix. Make as many of this as possible.
10. Place the wrapped pie crusts in the oven and then, allow it to bake for about thirty minutes.
Chicken pot pie with cream of mushroom soup and biscuits
The chicken pot pie with cream of mushroom soup and biscuits is the next recipe to discuss. Adding biscuits to this meal is great if you love to chew on your food.
Mushroom soup (canned or freshly prepared)
1. Run a whisk through a bowl of chicken broth
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter and then, add carrots, celery, onions and any other veggie you love to have in your meal.
3. Fry the mix for about five minutes. You want to ensure that you fry until the onions become very clear.
4. Add flour to the mix. Make sure you stir in the flour properly to avoid lumps.
5. Keep the pan on fire until the mix thickens considerably. This process should be done within five minutes.
6. Add in your mushroom soup to the mix and then, stir some more.
7. Transfer the mix to your baking dish. Ensure that you must have run a non-stick spray across the inner surfaces of the dish.
8. Open your can of biscuits and then, break the biscuits into small fragments. The fragments should not be too small though. When you are done with that, press the fragments into the creamy mix.
9. Leave the pie for about ten minutes before serving it. That time frame is to allow for the cooling of the pie crust.
Chicken pot pie with puff pastry and cream of mushroom soup
The chicken pot pie with puff pastry and cream of mushroom soup recipe is also as easy as the other recipes discussed above. The only difference is that instead of pie crust or biscuits, we will be working with puff pastry. You can get your puff pastry from the store. For those that want to make theirs themselves, here’s a recipe for you to follow;
How to make puff pastry from scratch
1. Pour in your flour into your blending machine. Now, add the salted butter in bits. Blend the mix until the butter is thoroughly mixed with the flour. You can then proceed to add the next bits of butter. Doing the mixing in phases helps to ensure that the butter mixes evenly with the flour.
2. Now, add in cold water. Mix that until the whole batter forms a soft ball.
3. Pack out the dough and then, place it on a smooth surface. Ensure that you sprinkle flour across the surface before the transfer.
4. Roll the dough into a nice ball.
5. With your rolling pin, knead the ball until it forms a long rectangle across the surface. All you need to do is ensure that you turn the rolling pin via different angles and directions.
6. Fold the thin rectangle like you are about to form a purse.
7. Continue to fold the rectangle until you form a smaller rectangle.
8. Wrap up the flower with a nylon bag and then, leave it in a freezer for some hours.
9. After making the puff pastry via the techniques above, you can proceed to press it into your creamy mushroom soup. Then, bake in an oven for about thirty-five minutes.