How to buy data on airtel
Data on Airtel is somehow similar to data on other mobile networks, but of course, they come with a unique twist to keep up with the fast internet speed of the Smartphone network. So here, we will be looking at the code you can use to buy any data plan on Airtel, how you can buy data on Airtel online and how you can also buy data on Airtel from your bank account.
There are different data categories available across different tariff plans. With so many to choose from, there is always a data plan for you on the Airtel network. Each is designed to suit your data needs, volume-wise and time-wise, for non-stop internet access.
Airtel wants everyone to have access to the vast world of the internet. Even without a data plan, Airtel PAYU, short for Pay As You Use is a way to stay connected online on Airtel without a data plan. You will be charged from your airtime balance at a rate of N3/MB. To use Airtel PAYU, just dial *400# to activate data charges on your airtime balance.
All Airtel data bundles/plans have a validity period, after which it will expire and whatever was left is gone. Knowing there might be unused data at the end of the validity period. Airtel bundles also have a grace period beginning at the end of the bundle validity period.
The remaining data stays in your balance, uncleared, but you cannot use it. If you renew your data bundle within this period, the remaining bundle balance will be added to the new one, renewing the validity again.
Monthly data plans attract a grace period of 7 days after expiration. Weekly plans have a grace period of 3 days and daily plans, a grace period of 1 day.
Data on Airtel comes in different categories. Based on duration there are;
- Daily / Weekly Plans
- Monthly Plans
- Mega Plans
Airtel also offers;
- Everyday-ON Plans
- Streaming plans
- Social plans
- Day and Night Plans.
Code to buy data on airtel
To buy data on Airtel, just dial the Airtel dedicated data USSD code – 141# and select from the menu the category of the data plan you want. Alternatively, you can dial *141 the code of the specific data bundle you want to buy, followed by #.
Airtel Daily / Weekly data Plan codes
- 1 Day
N50 for 40MB dial *141*50#
N100 for 100MB – *141*100#
N300 for 1GB – *141*354#
- 2 Days
N500 for 2GB – *141*504#
- 3 Days
N200 for 200MB – *141*200#
- 7 Days
N300 for 350MB – *141*300#
N500 for 1GB + 1GB YouTube Night + 100MB Spotify – *141*502#
N1500 for 6GB – *141*1504#
- 14 Days
N500 for 750MB + 1GB YouTube Night + 200MB Spotify – *141*500#
Airtel Monthly Data Plan codes
- 1 Month (30 Days)
N1,000 for 1.5GB + 2GB YouTube Night + 450MB Spotify – *141*1000#
N1,200 for 2GB + 4GB YouTube Night + 450MB Spotify – *141*1200#
N1,500 for 3GB + 4GB YouTube Night + 450MB Spotify – dial *141*1500#
N2,000 for 4.5GB + 4GB YouTube Night + 450MB Spotify – dial *141*2000#
N2,500 for 6GB + 4GB YouTube Night + 450MB Spotify – dial *141*2500#
N3,000 for 10GB + 4GB YouTube Night + 450MB Spotify – dial *141*3000#
N4,000 for 11GB + 4GB YouTube Night + 450MB Spotify – *141*4000#
Airtel Mega data Pack codes
- 30 Days (1 Month)
N5,000 for 20GB + 4GB YouTube Night + 450MB Spotify – *141*5000#
N8,000 for 30GB – *141*8000#
N10,000 for 40GB – *141*10000#
N15,000 for 75GB – *141*15000#
N20,000 for 120GB – *141*20000#
N30,000 for 240GB – *141*30000#
N36,000 for 280GB – *141*36000#
- 90 Days (3 Months)
N50,000 for 400GB – *141*50000#
- 120 Days (4 Months)
N60,000 for 500GB – *141*60000#
- 365 Days (1 Year)
N100,000 for 1TB – *141*100000#.
How to buy data on Airtel online
Buying Airtel data online requires a data connection, and you can do that through the following ways;
- Buying Airtel data online via the Airtel website
– Go to the Airtel website
– Under Recharge & Pay bills, choose between Prepaid, Postpaid, or HBB for Airtel Home Broadband.
– Enter your Airtel mobile number in the space provided.
– Now click on the Buy Airtime/Data button.
– Click on the data plan/bundle that you want to buy from the list.
– Select between Paystack and Flutterwave.
– Enter your email and then click on continue to pay.
– Proceed with the payment procedure of the payment method you choose. Your purchased data will be added to your data balance once payment is finalized.
- Buying Airtel data online using the MyAirtel app
– Alternatively, you can use the MyAirtel app to buy Airtel data online.
– First, download the MyAirtel app if you do not have it installed on your phone already.
– Open the app and login with your phone number and password. This login process will require an OTP, so ensure your sim card is in your phone.
– Choose from the different data bundles
- Buying Airtel data online using payment apps
You can also buy Airtel data online using popular payment apps and wallets. The likes of JumiaPay, Palmpay, Opay, Branch, and many others. They are easy to use for buying basic data bundles on the Airtel network. Plus, some of them offer discounts on data purchases.
To buy data, all you have to do is;
– Open the payment app you use.
– Go to the section for Data and Airtime. Choose data.
– Select Airtel on the list of network providers and then enter your phone number.
– Select the data plan you want to buy.
– Now, proceed to make payment.
Most of these payment services act as online wallets as well. So you can quickly make the payment directly from your wallet balance. Or you can go ahead with paying with a debit/credit card.
Please note that only basic data plans are available for purchase via these platforms. If you want to purchase special Airtel data plans or see a full list of all the plans, we suggest you buy data using the Airtel website or MyAirtel app.
How to buy data on airtel from bank
There are different ways you can purchase data on Airtel from a bank.
- Buying data with *444#
Airtel has made buying data from banks very simple and stress-free. No need to memorize different codes for different banks anymore. *444# is the Airtel dedicated USSD code for all things bank recharge.
Just by dialing *444# on your Airtel line, you can buy data or recharge from any bank of your choice, First Bank, UBA, Access Bank, Union Bank, Zenith Bank Diamond Bank, FCMB, Fidelity Bank, Heritage Bank, Jaiz Bank, Keystone Bank, Skye Bank, StanbicIBTC Bank, Unity Bank, etc, so long as you have an account with them and with funds of course.
To buy data with *444#, you do not need any mobile banking activation. All you have to do is dial the code with your Airtel number which must also be the main number linked to the bank account.
The problem with buying data with *444# is that currently, you cannot buy for another number. If your number is not the main bank line, you have to look for alternative ways to buy data from the bank.
- Buying Airtel data with Bank dedicated USSD code
You can also buy data using dedicated bank USSD codes. Every bank now has its USSD code for its customers to perform some transactions while offline. If you know the USSD code for your Bank, dial it and proceed to buy data to your Airtel line
- Buying Airtel data with Bank app
If you have data and your bank mobile app, that would be the easiest way to buy data from the bank;
– Open your bank app.
– Go to the airtime and data section. Select data.
– Select Airtel from the network provider options.
– Choose the data bundle you want to buy.
– Enter the phone number you want to credit
– Proceed and enter your PIN to approve the transaction.