Bitter kola is one medicinal substance that really does not have much of side effects when it is eaten by an individual. The seeds of the plant are brown, and shaped like nuts. It is very common in the West African tropics, and serves a lot of uses in the world today. However, here, we will be paying attention to you eating bitter kola early in the morning. What good does it do? Or what bad does it do, maybe? We will also be looking at its various constituents and the good that will befall you when it is the first thing that lands in your tummy every day.
Bitter kola is a plant, and that plant has several uses. The fruits, seeds, and the bark each have their economic importance, but then; the most important of them all is the seed. They have been used to fight several diseases like hepatitis, as well as viral infections.
It is also recorded as one substance that is great for the treatment of diseases caused by strains of viruses. Another field in which the bitter kola features in is that of fertility and diabetes. Now, we will study extensively the benefits that bitter kola offers your body when you chew on it.
1. When you talk about the essential vitamins and minerals needed by the body, the bitter Kola seeds are enriched with quite a huge number of them. There is Vitamin A, C, E, B1, B2, and B3. These vitamins are usually used to boost the activity of the nerves, stimulate the enzymes required for the metabolic processes that involve energy, for the improvement of digestion, in the synthesis of DNA, etc.
2. Bitter kola is also rich in fibre, Calcium, Potassium, and a whole lot of other antioxidants. Antioxidants are substances that help to prevent damage to cell tissues and the organs of the body. They help in the protection of the cells and tissues of the body by dealing with free radicals in the body. Those free radicals usually contribute to the disease affecting the heart, as well as cause the development of tumorous cells in the body.
3. Bitter Kola also helps to provide the energy as well as help in the building up of tissues. And this is because they contain significant amount of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
With all of these qualities listed above, bitter kola still stands as one substance that will fetch you a lot of good if you’re eating it first thing in the morning. Even though they are quite bitter, you would detect a little bit of sweetness as you chew on.
The reason you eating bitter kola first thing in the morning is good is because it is the first thing your body gets to absorb into its circulatory system. That way, the good effect is quick to show.
How bitter kola can be eaten
You could either eat the seeds of the bitter kola raw, or have it cooked. Some drinks sometimes are infused with the flavour of the bitter kola seeds, and those can be good menu items to add to your diet’s menu.
Bitter kola is effective when used traditionally in the treatment of cold.
2. Fights constipation
By removing gases from your body system, bitter have shown to be effective in fighting constipation.
3. Clears voice and relieves cough
Bitter kola helps to clear the mucus produced along the line of your vocal tube thereby making you have have a clear and smooth voice. Also the clearing of the mucus from your throat helps to relieve you of cough. So if you have cough or crack/coarse voice, then try chewing bitter kola.
4. Fights glaucoma
Pressure in the eye which leads to gradual loss of eye sight is called glaucoma and can lead to eye blindness if left untreated. What bitter kola does is to reduce this pressure in the eye thereby fighting and reducing the risk of glaucoma.
5. Boost immune system
Bitter kola contains antioxidants which help to fight off bacteria and diseases. It does this by boosting and improving your immune system.
6. Boost performance and fertility
It is believed that chewing bitter kola a few minutes before intercourse can help boost a man’s stamina and make home last longer in bed. it is also believed to cure impotency in men