How to Check my PVC Online & How to Register for PVC Online
How to check my PVC online
PVC is an acronym that stands for Permanent Voter’s card. As a Nigerian, you need this card before you can be allowed to take part in the voting processes of the nation. In the past, the only way the card could be handed over to the voters was physically. Through such means, the voters were subject to queuing endlessly and having to waste a whole lot of time. That’s why INEC (Independent National Electoral Commission) came up with the online means of checking for PVC. That’s why this outline will be based on how to check your PVC online.
Checking your PVC after registering for a voter’s card is a must as it helps you ensure that the right details were inputted.
Asides from that, the online site allows you the luxury of applying for a change of your voting center, requesting for a new PVC, etc. To get started, all you need to do is log into this website—voters.inecnigeria.org.
If you want to confirm your registration, this is the link you’d need—http://voterreg.inecnigeria.org. You’d mostly be directed by the instructions that you find on the website.
Usually, the link leads to a page with a document that you’d have to fill. The required details include your place of residence, Voters Identification Number, and Surname.
For the VIN (Voter Identification Number) talked about above, all you’d be required to provide are the last five digits. Either way, after filling in all the details, click the Check Status icon to see your voter status.
Once you get a positive result, you can then head over to your enrolment ward for your Permanent Voter’s card.
How to Print Your Temporary Voters’ Card Online from INEC Portal
How to Check and Retrieve Your Lost Voters’ Card Online in Nigeria
How to Check and Get Your Voters’ Card ID Number in Nigeria
How to Change Name and Date Of Birth on Voters ID Card in Nigeria
List of Banks that Do National ID Card in Nigeria + Requirements
How to register for PVC online
If you haven’t registered for PVC, you can take any of the procedures below to register it online;
- Start by heading over to the INEC registration portal. Once you click the Get Started icon, you’d see a new screen with a long list of all the services the page can settle you with.
- Click the New Voter Pre-registration If you have some other thing you want to do on the website, for example, update your details or request for another card, make sure you go through the list. Another thing that you should note is that the New Voter Pre-Registration icon is the option you should go for if you have never done a PVC registration.
- To avoid an invalidation of your registration, make sure that you do not attempt to re-register. Once does the trick here.
- Next, you’d need to create a portal if you are new. If you already have an account, you could just go ahead to sign in to your account. For those that are registering for the first time, details like your name, email address, and phone number will be requested of you.
- Once you submit your details, you’d be forwarded a mail that asks you to verify your account. On clicking the link, you’d be directed back to the sign-in page where you’d click Log In and then, enter your new sign in
- Next, you’d have to confirm all the details you provided. This page is termed as the Declaration page.
- Before you proceed to the next stage, make sure to click the yes
- From there, you’d be directed to the actual registration form. Here, you will provide more details like your name, date of birth, gender, occupation, address, NIN, and nationality. Other details that you may be asked include the following;
- Your level of education
- Maiden name
- Country of residence
- State of residence
- Country or State of birth
- Details as regards your choice of polling unit.
- Next, you’d be prompted to attach a passport photograph or a scanned picture of your National Identification Card. This simply ensures a smooth validation process.
- Click the Save and Continue
- You’d be transferred to a new page that confirms your successful registration. If you do not see this, you can click the three vertical dots at the right hand of the screen.
- Next, you have to upload more photographs. One should be with you wearing a smile and the other one without you wearing a smile. Click the Choose File option to pick a picture for upload. Once you find something, click the Use Photo The tool automatically resizes and uploads your picture. You should also ensure that the pictures are clear and with white backgrounds.
- The next phase of this process can only be done physically. The reason is that your biometrics like fingerprints, etc., has to be collected. Make sure that you go to a center that’s proximal to you. Once you are done with this, you’d be given a Temporary Voter’s card. This card is proof that you’ve gone through with the registration.
- The PVC is usually ready within a timeframe of 1 to 3 months.
Is NIN the Same as National ID Card? – Difference Between NIN & ID Card
NIMC Verification Portal – How to Verify Your NIN Online (Validation)
MTN Barred My Line Because of NIN – How to Unbar My MTN SIM
How to Change Your NIN Phone Number Online (NIMC change of number)
How to Check and Change Your NIN Date Of Birth on NIMC Online