How to cook beef ribs in the oven fast
If you have never heard about beef short ribs, you need to pay your attention to this! Here, we will be looking at the tips on how to cook beef short ribs in the oven. However, before we delve deep into the tips, you need to know that there is a big difference between beef short ribs and beef back ribs. The former is smaller, and is usually cut out from beneath the cow. The latter is cut out from the parts near the shoulder of the cow.
Also, for those that need tips on how to cook beef short ribs in the oven fast, here is a response for you. Such tips do not exist as of now. If you are going to cook your beef short ribs, you have to wait for about three and a half hours for the ribs to cook. Most times, the cooking time could extend to four hours. Usually, the more the hours used for baking, the better the dish turns out to be!
- Beef short ribs (eight)
- Salt (one teaspoon)
- Pepper (a quarter of a teaspoon.)
- Barbecue sauce (one-third of a cup)
– Ensure that you preheat the oven to a temperature of about 275-degree Fahrenheit.
– In a glass bowl, add salt and pepper to the beef ribs. After coating the ribs, press them against one another within a baking dish. Then, cover the bowl with a foil (aluminum foil is just great for this purpose.)
– Place the baking dish inside the preheated oven and then, allow the ribs to be exposed to the heat for about three and a half to four hours. The time frame could end up being longer or shorter. All you just need to ensure is that the meat begins to come loose from the rib bones. The meat should also be tender.
– Remove the baking dish from the oven and then, peel off the aluminum foil.
– Place the ribs on a wire rack so that the excess liquid and fat can drain off to a container beneath the rack.
– Use a knife to get rid of the excess fat from the body of the ribs.
– Next, plaster on to the surface of the meat barbecue sauce.
– Serve your potato ribs with any side dish of your choice!
Tip: In case you do not have barbecue sauce, you can easily work with ketchup. Just ensure that you mix the ketchup with brown sugar in order to create something quite similar to the barbecue sauce.
How to cook beef ribs in the oven slow
If you need tips on how to cook beef ribs in the oven slow, you are the real deal! Beef ribs have very tough meat attached to them, and so, they require a whole lot of time in the oven. The more time you keep it in the oven, the tenderer they become. However, you must ensure that you do not keep the beefs in the oven for more than 4 hours. Otherwise, you’d end up with burnt or charred beef ribs!
Here, we will be looking a very golden recipe that you can employ when cooking your beef ribs in the oven slow.
- Beef short ribs
- Soy sauce (one-third of a cup)
- Red wine (three-quarter of a cup)
- Olive oil (half of a cup)
- Flour (general-purpose flour)
- Brown sugar (quarter of a cup)
- Garlic (minced, four cloves)
- Curry powder
– Boil the beef short ribs in a pot of water. Ensure that the ribs are totally submerged in the water. Boil the ribs until their color changes from pink. This process should run for about 20 minutes.
– Preheat your oven to a temperature of about 425-degree Fahrenheit
– In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, red wine, olive oil, brown sugar, garlic, curry powder, and flour. For consistency, ensure that you add in the ingredients one at a time. Let the flour be the last thing that you add, and when you do, add it in bits. The mix should not come out being too thick. It should still flow to some extent.
– Drain your boiled ribs on a wire rack before proceeding to coat them with the mix made above. When you are done coating the ribs, arrange them in a baking dish.
– Place the baking dish in an oven and then, leave them to roast for about 40 minutes. The time could be longer if you notice that the meat ribs haven’t become very soft. The reason you don’t have to wait for three hours here is because you have previously boiled the ribs. The boiling procedure already worked in softening the meat in the beef short ribs a little.
– After the 40 minutes, you can then proceed to coat the ribs with the rest of the mix that you made in the third step above.
– Then, leave the ribs to roast some more in the oven.
When you are done with the procedures listed above, bring out the baking dish from the oven. Leave the roasted beef short ribs to cool against a wire rack. After that, you can then proceed to eat the ribs. The following side dishes are great side dishes for the beef short ribs;
- Cauliflower bean puree
- Roasted veggies
- Butternut squash soup
- Sweet beans
- Mashes potatoes
- Roasted carrots (preferably roasted in the oven)