Do you know you can actually cook fried rice without frying it? Yes it’s a very healthy and nutritious recipe unknown to some people. So today I’m going to be showing you how to cook fried rice without frying and how to cook fried rice by frying. It’s mouthwatering and the different combination of different colourful vegetable is always a sight to behold
1. Map out the quantity of rice you want to cook, wash and parboil it, then keep it aside.
2. Cut and wash your chicken/meat into sizable chunks of your choice.
3. Put them into your cooking pot, season with salt, a pair of seasoning cubes, sliced onion, basil leaves, blended garlic, ginger and scotch bonnet pepper with any other chicken/meat spices of your choice. These ingredients will help bring out the taste of your chicken/meat.
Tip: You can add two tablespoons of vegetable oil to the meat(optional), this helps for easy and faster penetration of the ingredients into the chicken/meat.
4. Cover your pot and cook the chicken/meat on a low heat for about 5 minutes, after which you add more water to help steam the chicken/meat for another 5 minutes on a high heat but be careful not to over cook it.
5. After 10 minutes of cooking your chicken/meat, bring out the chicken/meat and put in a separate bowl leaving the chicken/meat stock(water) in the pot.
6. Add your parboiled rice into the chicken/meat stock already in the pot, you can add more water if the one from the chicken/meat stock is not enough but don’t over do it. Then add a little bit of vegetable oil, a seasoning cube, salt and curry to enhance the colour and leave it to cook for 10 minutes on a low heat.
7. Once the rice surfaces after about 10 minutes of cooking, go ahead and add your fried rice spice, carrots, scotch bonnet pepper, ground pepper, green,red and yellow bell pepper (chopped) followed by your red and white cabbage (sliced). Stir properly everything in the pot and make sure they all combine appropriately.
8. Now use a plastic film and cover the surface of the pot completely, after that use a piece of cloth and also cover the surface after the plastic film then cover the pot with its lid and allow it to cook for 15 – 20 minutes on a low heat depending on the quantity of your rice, make sure there’s no space on the surface, ensure it’s totally covered completely. The reason for this is to dry out the moisture in the rice completely, even though we’re not frying this rice it should still retain that dry texture of a fried rice. Unless you want it to be moist and sticky then don’t bother doing this.
9. After about 15 – 20 minutes you’ll have your 100% fried rice without frying ready with the complete colour and aroma intact. Turn off your heat once the rice is done and dried, you can then place your chicken/meat on the rice.
This recipe is very nutritious and good for you, enjoy with salad! very delicious.
Now your fried rice is almost done
9. Next is to add your green,red and yellow bell pepper (chopped) followed by your red and white cabbage (sliced).
10. Give it a final stir to combine while you allow it to fry gently on a high heat until it’s done.
That’s it! your fried rice is as good as done! and ready to be served, you can literally do all these in less than 30 minutes, it doesn’t take time at all. Enjoy your very tasty and delicious fried rice.