How to cook goat meat pepper soup contrary to some people’s belief is one the easiest recipe you can make at the comfort of your home.
Pepper soup is a very popular nigerian dish enjoyed by many especially during the cold season so as to keep warm. I’ve got to notice that so many people are used to going to a nearby local restaurant anytime they want to have a taste of this wonderful dish. Most nigerians have not thought of trying this recipe because they think it’s difficult but I’m here to prove them wrong.
Just follow through this simple goat meat pepper soup recipe and you’ll find out that all those tasty goat meat pepper soup you’ve being enjoying in those local restaurants is very easy to do and you too can even do ‘better’ than them.
In this post we are going to be looking at
How to cook goat meat pepper soup with plantain, scent leaf, african basil, uziza leaf and how to turn it to a full meal.
1. Wash and cut your goat meat into small sizeable pieces that will allow for easy scooping into the mouth.
2. Put them into your pot on a medium heat for steaming.
3. Add your blended scotch bonnet pepper, garlic and a seasoning cube with a little bit of salt for taste and stir.
Note: When doing this don’t add any water because goat meat contains water and would release its liquid when in contact with the gas heat after which you will now add more liquid.
4. Cover your pot and allow the goat meat to steam for about 15 minutes so as to release its liquid. Remember to reduce your medium heat to low so that the goat meat doesn’t burn.
5. After about 15 minutes, open your pot you’ll notice that your goat meat has started boiling after releasing its liquid contents.
6. Now go ahead and add more liquid to the one already present in the pot with your pepper soup spice (you can get that at the local market).
7. Add your crayfish, ground pepper and more salt, stir and cover your pot to boil for about 20 minutes until your goat meat becomes soft.
8. Your goat meat must have softened after about 20 – 25 minutes of boiling. Now to convert your goat meat pepper soup recipe into a full meal you can add either ripe or unripe plantain(this is optional).
9. Allow the plantain to boil for about 5 – 10 minutes, while you cut your scent leaves into tiny bits.
10. After about 10 minutes of boiling, pour in your scent leaves into the pot stir and turn of the heat immediately.
Now you goat meat pepper soup is super ready, very easy right? so you don’t have to keep to going to those local restaurants to have a taste. Right in the comfort of your home you can prepare this recipe, and remember not to talk while enjoying this dish to avoid choking lol.
How to cook goat meat pepper soup with african basil
1. Season your goat meat with your sliced onions, blended pepper(take the quantity you can withstand, two or three scotch bonnet pepper), your seasoning cubes, ginger/garlic paste, ground pepper and salt.
2. Mix the contents properly, do not add any water as the goat meat already contains water in it and place on a low heat for about 30 minutes.
3. The goat meat will release its water content after about 30 minutes of cooking, now open your pot and season the goat meat with a tablespoon of pepper soup spice and blended crayfish, then add extra water to your preference.
4. Cover it and allow it to boil for another 30 minutes till your goat meat becomes tender.
5. After 30 minutes now slice your basil leaves pour into the goat meat pepper soup and turn off the heat.
Note: Slice your basil leaves 2 – 3 minutes before adding as slicing it earlier than this makes it to lose its green pigment and turn to black.
Your pepper soup is ready, that’s how easy it is to prepare your very nice goat meat pepper soup recipe. Make sure you try this recipe, it’s very easy and comforting to make especially in the cold seasoning.
Goat meat pepper soup with uziza leaves
We’ll be learning how to prepare super yummy goat meat pepper soup recipe, this is really easy
How to cook goat meat pepper soup with uziza leaves
1. Blend your scotch bonnet, onion and a bit of uziza leaves together to form a paste.
2. Once you’re done blending set the pepper paste aside and season your goat meat with salt and set it on a low heat without adding any water to it, keep a close eye on it until the water from the goat meat starts coming out. (This usually takes about 30 minutes)
3. Once the water from the goat meat boils out add your blended pepper paste(scotch bonnet,onion and uziza), seasoning cubes and a preferred quantity of water to it. Cover and allow it to cook on medium heat for about 30 minutes.
4. Now your goat meat has softened after cooking for 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh chopped uziza leaves and turn off heat.
At this time your goat meat pepper soup recipe is ready.
People always feel that pepper soup is just an appetizer especially for visitors. But do you know you can actually convert it to a full meal not to just for appetizing but to satisfy your hunger? Don’t worry I’m going to show you how you can change your goat meat pepper soup recipe into a full meal.
1. Add some of your goat meat pepper soup(water only) into a boiling water.
2. Cut your sweet potato into small sizable pieces and add it into the pot of boiling goat meat water.
3. Allow it to boil for about 10 minutes until the potato is done.
Add some pieces of goat meat to it and your ready to serve! lol interesting right? You can also do this for yam, plantain, indomie, spaghetti or any other food of your choice
Method (Spaghetti, Yam, Indomie)
1. Add some of your goat meat pepper soup(water only) into a boiling water. Reason for this is to avoid you exhausting all your pepper soup water but if you have enough quantity of pepper soup there’s no point mixing it with new water.
2. Cut your yam, plantain, indomie or spaghetti into small sizable pieces and add it into the pot of boiling goat meat water.
3. Allow it to cook for about 10 minutes until they’re done.
I hope you enjoyed this goat meat pepper soup recipe, leave in the comments below the one you’ll be trying and don’t forget to share to your family and friends.