How to Get BVN Number Without Going to Bank 2023
BVN (Bank Verification Number) is one tool that now works for ninety percent of banking operations. Most financial transactions now require that you provide your BVN details as an added layer of security.
That’s why here; we will look at how you can get your BVN number without going to the bank. Everyone knows that banks are infamous for long queues and time-consuming procedures.
As a result, we all want something simple, easy and quick to fetch us what we need!
How to get bvn number without going to bank
Codes are one of the easiest things this life has to offer, indeed. A few dials are all you need to get the details you want. In this case though, you’d also need to have some credit on your carrier network—20NGN.
You also need to ensure that the SIM with which you dial the code is linked to your bank account. For example, if your BVN was registered with an MTN SIM, you should dial the code with the MTN SIM.
The code for BVN number checking is this—*565*0# Note that the code is the same for MTN, Glo, and other carrier networks that are available in Nigeria.
You can also check your BVN online. Did you know that? You won’t be charged for this, but then, you need a steady connection to the Internet—Wi-Fi or mobile data. Once you get that settled, log in to your Bank application.
Now, different banks have different styles that they use for the arrangement of the icons and widgets in their bank applications. So, the placement of the Bank Verification Number varies from one app to the other.
Either way, you will be able to find the details you need on the app.
The methods above are the only ways you can check your BVN number without going to a Bank. Meanwhile, note that the options above may not work in every scenario.
For example, if you do not have a BVN, none of the methods above will fetch you a number. You need to follow the steps below to get one linked to your bank account, and consequently your phone number.
How to Enroll and Register for BVN Online? – Registration Portal Login
How to Retrieve BVN Without Phone Number and Online
How to Check BVN Without Airtime
How to enroll my number for bvn
- Head over to any of the bank branches near you. For BVN, you will need to talk to the agents at the Customer Service section.
- You will be required to fill a BVN registration form. In this form, you will need to provide answers to details like your name, Date of Birth, phone number, residential address, etc.
- After filling the form, the agent will proceed to capture your biometrics—your signature, passport photograph, fingerprint, etc.
- Once you do that, the process of BVN registration is over.
- However, you won’t be issued the BVN until some hours later. However, you will be given a document that contains a transaction ID. It is this ID that you will present to the Customer Service official the next time you go to the bank, i.e., for the collection of your BVN.
Why you should have a bvn
Under what circumstances might you need your BVN though?
- Instances when you need verify the identity of your bank account. BVN requires that certain unique details like your fingerprint be captured. As a result, no one can wrongly access your account.
- You need it to tone down frauds and crimes that pertain to your account.
- BVN is a detail that will be required of you by a bank when you want to request for loans.
- It allows you to protect your account details.
How to Check Your BVN on MTN Line With Your Phone Using Code
How to Check BVN on AIRTEL Line With Your Phone Using Code
How to Check BVN on ETISALAT Line with USSD Code
How to Check BVN On GLO Network With Your Phone Using Code