As per the directive from the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) and in compliance with the government’s regulation, we all know it’s mandatory to link your National Identification Number (NIN) with your phone number, If your Airtel line was among the lines that were blocked due to non-compliance to this notice, don’t worry, In this guide, I’ll walk you through the process of linking your NIN to Airtel after being blocked.
How to link NIN to airtel after being blocked
To link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your Airtel number after being blocked, follow these steps below:
- Ensure you have your NIN readily available. You can find your NIN on your NIN slip or you dial *346# with your airtel number to retrieve your NIN (that’s if you have previously registered for NIN)
- Visit any Airtel office nearest to you. They will assist you in linking your NIN to your blocked Airtel number. Take your NIN slip or the digits and the blocked Airtel SIM card with you to the airtel office.
- Meet one of one their customer service representative or agent and inform them that your airtel line was blocked and you want to link your NIN to your Airtel number. Provide your NIN and the blocked Airtel SIM card to the representative.
- You will be required to undergo fingerprint verification to confirm your identity. This step ensures that only the rightful owner of the SIM card can link it to the NIN.
- After successfully verifying your biometric, the Airtel representative will update your information in their system and link your NIN to your Airtel phone number.
- Once the linking process is complete, it may take some time for your Airtel line to be reactivated, you’ll have to wait a little.
- Confirm the linking by making a call. If you can successfully make a call with your airtel line it means your airtel line has been restored and your NIN has been successfully linked to your Airtel number.
By following these steps and making sure all the required information is provided, you can easily link your NIN to your Airtel number after being blocked.