If your Glo line was blocked due to the National Identification Number (NIN) update requirement, and you want to know if you can link your NIN to your glo line after being blocked then do not worry. You’re in the right place, I’m going to guide you on how to do that, it’s very easy and straight forward.
As we all know, the Nigerian government directed everyone to link their NIN to their mobile number. It’s a crucial step in enhancing security and ensuring accurate customer information.
This policy applies to all mobile network users, including people on the Glo network. So if you’re were among the people that experienced a service block on their lines for not linking their NIN to their glo line, then follow these steps below to link your nin to your glo line.
How to link NIN to GLO after being blocked
Before we proceed, make sure your National Identification Number (NIN) is ready. If you don’t have it with you; Dial *346# and follow the prompts from your glo line you used to enroll for the NIN registration to retrieve your NIN Once you do that, write it down and follow these next steps below.
Here are ways you can link your NIN to your GLO. You can link your NIN to Glo without requiring an internet-enabled phone or internet connectivity.
Via USSD Code
- Dial *109*NIN#(Replace “NIN” with your own NIN) / Dial *109# and follow the prompts to submit your details.
After submitting it, wait for the network provider’s response confirming the successful linkage of your NIN to your Glo SIM.
- Compose an SMS in the following format: ” UPDATENIN<space>NIN<space>First Name<space>Last Name” and Send to 109
Replace “NIN” with your actual NIN, and replace “First Name” and “Last Name” with your first name and last name, it should correspond with what you used during your NIN registration.
Via Glo Online NIN Registration Portal
- Visit the glo NIN official page
- Input the correct details
- Complete the process to have your NIN linked to your Glo SIM card.
Via Voice Call
- You can dial 109 and follow the voice instructions to update your NIN on Glo via a voice call.
Via Glo Center
- Visit the nearest Glo store or service center
- Meet the Glo customer care representative
- Provide your NIN and other required details
- They will verify your information and initiate the NIN linking process.
That’s how to link your glo line after being blocked. After following and completing the steps in this article, ensure that you received a confirmation message stating that your NIN has been successfully linked to your Glo number.