How to link NIN to mtn line
The Nigerian National Identification Number (NIN) can be said to be a unique number issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC). It’s expected that each Nigerian is enrolled and issued the NIN for the aim of all-round identification, for example, the linking of the unique NIN to your MTN number and other network providers. In recent times and perhaps within the nearest future, this number is to be linked with every individual activity including banking transactions. Stay tuned for instructions on how to link your NIN to your MTN number.
Do not forget that the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) had instructed telecommunication operators to block all MTN (and other) SIM cards that aren’t registered with the National Identity Numbers; this is meant to have taken effect at the beginning of the year but due to ignorance of the majority on how to link NIN to MTN line and the intervention of the senate, it was postponed to this time of the year. So, if you are yet to link your NIN to your MTN number, you need to take urgent action on this instruction shared in this post on how to link your MTN sim with NIN.
In this article, we’ve outlined practical ways involved in retrieving and linking your NIN to the MTN line in particular via the USSD code or through other online platforms.
How to get NIN number on mtn
If you already have access to your NIN, then you can proceed to the next sub-heading which gives full instruction on how to link MTN Sim with NIN. However if you have not gotten or seen your NIN, follow through the simple instruction below on how to get or retrieve your NIN on your mtn line.
To retrieve or get access to your NIN, use the following simple steps;
- Dial *346# on your phone
- Enter ‘1’ to navigate to NIN Retrieval Option (if the telephone number you’re dialing from was used during your NIN registration).
- Enter ‘2’ to navigate to the NIN Search option (if you’ve lost your number; you’ll be required to input the number of your registration details)
Once you’ve been able to retrieve your NIN, congratulations!!! Then we can move on to the next stage which will unreservedly reveal to you the instruction on how to link your NIN to your MTN number.
How to link mtn sim with NIN
For you to be able to link MTN sim with NIN, the following steps are the unfailing steps to follow to get this done. As an MTN user, you can link your NIN to your MTN line using any of these 3 ways:
- Dial *785# on your MTN sim, then enter 1, and then enter your NIN.
Mtn online NIN registration portal
- Using your internet-enabled phone or computer, you can navigate to the URL https://mtnonline.com/nin and get this done using just a few clicks of a button.
- You can also make use of myMTN App to link your NIN to your MTN number, it is available on Google Play Store and Apple Store. To link the MTN sim with NIN, all you have to do is to Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, telephone number, NIN, and email address. Submit the form as soon as you’re done and finally wait for feedback from the network with the response of a successful linking of your NIN to your MTN line.
How can I link my mtn line with NIN?
To link or register your NIN to your mtn line dial *785# with the mtn sim or number you want to link the NIN to, then enter 1, and then enter your NIN.
How can I get or retrieve my NIN with mtn?
To get or retrieve your NIN using your mtn line dial *346# on your phone, enter ‘1’ to navigate to NIN Retrieval Option (if the telephone number you’re dialing from was used during your NIN registration), if it’s not the phone number you used for the NIN registration then enter ‘2’ to navigate to the NIN Search option and then enter the phone number of the sim you used for the NIN registration.
That’s how to get and link your NIN to your mtn line, ensure you link your NIN to your mtn line and your other lines to avoid disconnection. Hope this post was helpful to you, do well to share it to your family and friends using the share buttons on this post, your comments will also be appreciated.