How to Make Tiger Nut Drink with Ginger + Health Benefits
Tiger nut is a very nutritional fruit and it is highly underrated. It is a source from which we can get a lot of vitamins, mineral and other good plant compounds. Tiger nut contain a large percentage of phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and vitamin C. In this recipe, I will be taking through a step by step process on how to make tiger nut drink with ginger.
Tiger nut drink(milk), is an alternative to diary milk, it is non diary and can be taken by those with latose intolerance. This drink turns out naturally sweet and milky.
Ingredients for tiger nut drink
The ingredients you will need is very simple to get. You can get it from the mall or the marketplace. These ingredients includes;
- Filtered water
You can follow the following procedure in making Tiger nut drink with ginger.
How to Make Tiger nut Drink with Ginger
– There two types of Tigernut; the dried one and the fresh one. You can make use of any of the two. If you are making use of the dried one, you need to soak it for at least 48 hours in a covered jar and keep refrigerated to keep it fresh. You don’t need to soak the fresh one though.
– You need to peel your ginger, and cut into smaller sizes. You can make use of either the dry or fresh one. You would need to soak the dried one together with the Tigernut.
– You will need to make use of a blender, add the soaked Tigernut and ginger or the fresh Tigernut and ginger, and add a little bit of water, then blend.
– Blend until it’s creamy and smooth. This usually take 2 to 3 minutes.
– If you are making use of a food processor, it will allow you to drain the liquid directly into a bottle.
– If you are making use of the regular blender or food processor, after you are finished with the blending, you will need to sieve the milk. You can make use of a plastic sieve or the one made with cloth. The main purpose of doing this, is to separate the milk from the Tigernut plup leftovers.
– It should be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated.
The drink should last up to three days in the refrigerator, and would start to smell sour when spoilt.
How to Make Tiger Nut Drink with Banana at Home + Health Benefits
How to Make Tiger Nut Drink with Dates and Coconut for Libido
Does Eating or Drinking Tiger Nut Make You Gain Weight?
How Many Tiger Nuts Should I Eat a Day?
Ginger and Tiger nut Drink Benefits
As I said earlier, Tigernut is a power house of nutrients, (fiber, protein, fat, iron, phosphorus, calcium) and is much underrated. There are three kinds of Tigernuts, we have the black Tigernut, the brown Tigernut and the yellow Tigernut. The colours determined the percentage of the nutrients in it.
Tiger nut and ginger drink is said to improve digestion. It contains a kind of resistant starch that feeds the friendly kind of bacteria in your stomach, helping your food to digest quite easily. It also contains enzymes that helps to break down food in your stomach. Both the Tigernut and Ginger are known to treat chronic indigestion.
Reduces blood sugar
This drink is very effective for reducing the blood sugar level and keeping it in check. The protein in the drink contains a high percentage of amino acid arginine, which may increase both the insulin production and sensitivity. Ginger also has powerful anti-diabetic properties.
Improve heart’s health
Another benefit of this drink is that it helps improve the heart’s health. Research has shown that Tigernut helps to improve the blood circulation and lowers the risk of blood clot. Ginger also improve heart health.
The Ginger in the drink is highly effective for treating nausea, it is most effective for pregnant women; who are suffering from morning sickness.
May reduce menstrual pain
The Tigernut and Ginger drink may significantly reduce menstrual pain, most especially if the Ginger in the drink is plenty.
Although, one should not go overboard with the drink, when consumed reasonably, it has a lot of health benefits for the body. Tigernut and Ginger drink is easy to make, delicious and all natural and it also promotes good health.
Can Tiger Nut Milk Be Boiled? + How to Boil Tiger Nut Milk
Can Tiger Nut Reduce Belly Fat? Does it Reduce Weight?
Tiger Nuts and Female Fertility: How to Boost Ovulation Without Drugs