The temporary voter’s card is a card that is issued temporarily to voters just before the permanent voter’s card (PVC) is issued. Persons with the temporary voter’s card are not usually permitted to vote during elections as the PVC is usually required. The PVC contains important details like your biometrics, as well as some other characteristics that are very peculiar to you. If you cannot find your temporary voter’s card, you could just check the online database for your details. In this outline, we will study how you can print your temporary voters’ card online.
Before you proceed with the steps listed below, ensure that you must have started the voter’s registration process. It is only when you have gone through the processes that you can say that you have records with INEC.
So, if you are going to print your details, you would need to head over to INEC’s registration portal. After that, you’d search for your record with certain fields. Once that is over, you would then be made to see all the details surrounding your registration.
Follow the steps below on how to print temporary voter’s card online;
– Head over to the INEC Voter’s Registration portal. If you already have an account, log in with your email address and password. If you are new on that portal, sign up with a new account. IN case you forget what your password details are, click the ‘Forgot Password’ icon so that the details can be forwarded to your email.
– Then, click the ‘I am not a Robot’ checkbox to finish the procedure.
– After signing up into your account successfully, the home screen of your page would be displayed across your screen.
– Now, one thing you need to know is that the fact that you need to find the details of your temporary voter’s card first before you can proceed to print it out. So, click the ‘Lost or Damaged PVC’ icon.
– Next, across your screen will be displayed a page that contains fields that will help you get back the important details you used for registration. Remember, these details are just what you need.
– To run a quick check through the stored details for the INEC registration, type in your first name, last name, and the state you reside in.
– The website runs a quick comparison of the details you presented with the ones on the platform, to test for a correlation. If the website finds any column of details that tally with the submitted details, the information would be displayed across your screen.
– Check through the displayed details to confirm that it’s really yours.
– Click the ‘Start Review’ icon before tapping the ‘Accept’ icon under the declaration warning. You may choose not to tap the ‘Accept’ icon if the details aren’t yours.
Once you are done, you can go on to print out the details of the temporary voter’s card. If you are using a website like Chrome, you would see a three dot menu at the upper left side of the page. Click the dots and then, tap the ‘Download’ icon. You could also take a screenshot and then, print it out. However, note that the temporary voter’s card is just what you need to obtain your PVC.