Homemade turkey pot pie with cream of chicken soup
If you have never tried the turkey pot pie recipe with cream of chicken soup, now is the time to try it out. Asides the fact that the recipe births a very delicious dish; it also has an aroma that can send anyone toppling to their feet. This dish is also one that stands right in the class of crunchy foods since it contains several veggies and several bits of turkey.
- A big pot
- A large bowl
- A food processor or blender
- Boneless Chicken or turkey (Chicken and turkey thighs work best for this recipe)
- Butter (If you are not into the consumption of dairy foods, you could use olive or avocado oil instead.)
- Diced Celery (The reason celery is used in this recipe is because it integrates crunchiness into the soup)
- Flour (With this ingredient, you can get your chicken soup really thick and creamy)
- Turkey or chicken broth (If you would be working with this, ensure that you add it before adding any other spice. That way, you can regulate the amount of salt in your soup)
- Diced Carrots
- Sliced potatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bay leaves
- Dried or freshly chopped Parsley
- Cream (An alternative to this ingredient is milk. However, if you aren’t a fan of dairy products, you can work with coconut cream, or almond milk)
1. Place a big pot over a cooker on medium heat. Then, melt your butter. After that, add in your onions, garlic paste and celery. Fry the mix until you can almost see through your onions.
2. Now, add in your flour to the mix. Ensure that you stir it in such a way that it gets in contact with every part of the veggie mix. The end result should be a very smooth paste.
3. Now, add in your chicken or turkey broth. Stir the mixture well.
4. Add your carrots and potatoes next. Ensure that you allow the potatoes to cook till they are soft.
5. Now, add the last set of veggies—peas, corn, bay leaves, parsley, etc.
6. Add salt, pepper, and any other seasoning to give the mix taste.
7. Cook the mix for another ten minutes.
8. Whisk in your cream into the mix. For the best results, ensure that you make use of heavy cream.
What to eat with turkey pot pie soup
You can eat your turkey pot pie soup with any of the following;
Tips to employ when working with your turkey pot pie recipe with cream of chicken soup
1. Add white wine to your list of ingredients. What white wine does is to help with the richness your soup’s flavor. If you do not feel comfortable adding wine to your food, you can just work with the chicken or turkey broth. But then, you would need to work with more of the broth.
2. Somewhere in the process of making the turkey pot pie, diced potatoes were included. Instead of waiting for the potatoes to cook over the fire, you can just place the potatoes in the microwave for some minutes. That way, when you add them into the major mix when they have cooked to some extent. What this does is to reduce the time the major mix spends on fire.
3. Adding cooked chicken to the major mix will also help to save a whole lot of cooking time. If you have some leftover chicken or turkey bits, you could just shred them into pieces and add them to the mix. Make sure you remove the bones.
4. If you don’t want you soup too creamy, you can add milk instead of heavy cream. Milk gives your soup a peculiar lightness that you’d definitely enjoy.
5. This recipe will never be complete if you do not add your veggies. However, when making your veggie choice, ensure that you pick out the ones that can still remain crunchy even after they have been subject to a whole lot of heat.
6. If you want a gluten-free soup, work with gluten-free flour. The general-purpose flour is a rich source of gluten. Cornstarch flour is also another option you can go for.
7. To ensure that you do not get irritated with your soup shortly after eating it, add in generous pepper shakes. Black pepper or cayenne pepper works great for this purpose.
8. If you cannot consume your turkey pie pot with cream of chicken soup in a day, ensure that you store it in a fridge. Your meal will still taste nice for five more days.
Turkey pot pie with biscuits and cream of chicken soup
Turkey pot pie with biscuits and cream of chicken soup is only a modification of the recipe discussed above. Turkey pot pie and cream of chicken soup can be taken with several side dishes, and one of them is biscuits. For the recipe below, we will be working with the following;
- Chicken soup
- Frozen veggies
- Minced garlic
- Biscuits (You can get canned biscuits)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Ground black pepper
1. Here, we will be working with an oven. Preheat the oven till it attains a temperature of 375-degree Fahrenheit.
2. Spray the inner surface of your baking dish with non-stick spray
3. In another bowl, add your chicken, chicken soup cream, frozen veggies and shredded cheese.
4. Mix the ingredients together.
5. Pour the mix into the baking dish.
6. Break up your biscuits into four pieces. Set these aside.
7. Melt your butter in a pan. Add in the biscuits from the step above and then, allow the butter to coat the surface of the biscuits.
8. Arrange the biscuits nicely above the mix in the baking dish.
9. Place the baking dish in the oven and leave the mix to bake for about thirty minutes.
10. Serve your meal after it has cooled down.
Turkey pie pot recipe with cream of chicken soup and pie crust
The pie crust is another ingredient that spices up the turkey pie pot recipe with cream of chicken soup. Pie crust can be the outer flakes of bread or the outer covering of a pie. You can easily get your pie crust from any store near you. After following any of the recipes discussed in this outline, lay your pie crust neatly across the creamy mix. Then, bake the mix until it is done.