How to block my stolen or lost Airtel SIM card in Nigeria
If you fall within the category of people who wish to block their lost or stolen Airtel SIM card, then, this is the article you need to read. Here, we will be looking at the tips and steps of how you can block your stolen or lost Airtel SIM card in Nigeria, how you can block your Airtel sim card from another phone and how you can also block it using the internet or online means.
Now, the only validated method of blocking your Airtel SIM card is by contacting the Airtel customer care number. You can achieve this contact by using two ways—ringing the customer care line or physically visiting any of the Airtel offices. Below are the details you would need for the blocking of your Airtel SIM.
– You may need to have an idea of the numbers you last dialed via the Airtel SIM, the last amount you recharged on the SIM, as well as the 11-digit number that is linked with the SIM.
– Then, dial 121 or 111 via another functional Airtel SIM. This links you up to the customer care for Airtel.
– The customer care representative would request that you verify the details listed in the first point.
– After the verification process, the Airtel SIM would be blocked.
Now, if you do not have any Airtel SIM within your reach, you could follow the steps below instead;
– Dial 0802 150 0111 or 0802 150 0121 via any other carrier network.
– A customer care representative from Airtel would pick up the call and then, ask you to verify the details as regards the phone number, the last amount of recharge made via the lost or stolen SIM, as well as the recently dialed numbers.
– Once the verification process is over, the Airtel SIM would be blocked.
– To log in to the website, you have to have an Airtel ID.
– Click the ‘Help & Support’ icon.
– Click the ‘SIM blocking’ menu option.
– You would be asked to present a couple details like your phone number, and some other details that have been listed in this outline.
– On verifying the details submitted, the process of your SIM’s deactivation would then kick off.
– After a couple hours, your Airtel SIM would be blocked.
How to block Airtel SIM card from another phone
In case you lost both your SIM and phone, you can still go ahead to block your Airtel sim card from another phone. The processes are quite simple. All you need to do is get another effective Airtel SIM with which you’d dial the Airtel customer care line. You could also work with another SIM if you cannot lay your hands on any Airtel SIM.
On the tips on how to block your Airtel SIM card from another phone, follow the procedures below;
– Dial 121 or 111 if you are using an Airtel SIM. However, if you are using another carrier network, dial 0802 150 0111 or 0802 150 0121.
– A customer care representative would request from you details like the last recharge fee, your Airtel phone number, and some other details that would prove that you are indeed the owner of the SIM.
– Once the verification process is over, your Airtel SIM would be deactivated immediately.