JAMB CAPS admission status
JAMB CAPS is an acronym that stands for Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Central Admission Processing System. It refers to a website through which you can monitor your admission. In a situation where you are offered admission, you get to either accept or decline it from the JAMB CAPS. So, regardless of your institution or course of study, it is recommended that you check the website regularly.
Admission is only offered to you on JAMB CAPS when you meet or supersede the cutoff for the course you registered to study in a particular university. This kind of admission is usually referred to as admission that is done on merit. Once you are admitted on merit, you would be offered admission into the university. Usually, the school is responsible for updating JAMB as regards the list of students it wishes to admit.
Now, here is a tip for you. It is very good for you to monitor the cut-off marks given by each of these departments. Once you know the cut-offs, it would be easy for you to know where you fall in the whole admission process. Also, it would also help you to quickly change your course if the university still has other departments that are willing to accept students.
If the university accepts you after you’ve changed your course of study, it would immediately alert JAMB of that change. Immediately, you would see a reflection on the JAMB CAPS website. It is referred to as an offer of provisional admission.
Sometimes, the university could be the one to offer you some other department in case you have a score that cuts across some other department. Once that happens, it would also be reflected in the JAMB CAPS. It would then be left to you to either accept or decline the admission. However, all of these modifications usually happen after the offer of admission to the first set of students who meet the cutoff marks.
So, JAMB CAPS makes everything so easy since it lets you know if you’ve been granted admission or not. It also allows you to take actions quickly before the whole admission process is over. One more thing that you should take note of is that if you are going to accept an admission offer, ensure that you do that before the whole process is over. Otherwise, you may end up forfeiting the admission. Also, in a case where you reject the admission, you’d succeed in letting other universities know that you are open for their admission options.
How to check admission status on JAMB CAPS
Now that you have understood what the JAMB CAPS is all about, we will move right into how to check admission status on JAMB CAPS. That way, you can quickly get into action, and monitor your admission status. You can also get to quickly know what steps to take if you haven’t been offered an admission into the course you chose to study.
– First, you would have to visit JAMB’s e-facility using this link—https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility./
– You would be required to provide your email address as well as your password. Type them within the columns where they are required.
– Log into your page.
– At the end of the page, you would see a tab that says ‘Check Admission Status.’
– Choose your examination year.
– Type in your registration number within the specified box. Your JAMB registration number is usually a code of letters and digits.
– Click ‘Access My CAPS.’
– Click ‘Admission Status’. You would see it at the left bars of the page.
– Click the ‘Search’ icon which is usually next to the column where you typed in your JAMB registration number.
There, you can choose to either accept or decline the admission offered to you. Once you have been offered admission, you would get a response once you click either the Accept or Reject option. They are usually highlighted in red fonts.
However, in a situation where your admission is still being processed, the ‘Accept’ and ‘Reject’ buttons would appear in grey font, preventing you from clicking. However, if you note that you haven’t been offered an admission even when others have, you are advised to keep checking as it could change at any time.
Now, for those that want to check their JAMB CAPS admission status on their mobile phone, you are advised to work with the ‘Desktop Site’ feature that is available on Chrome. There are certain features and functions that won’t be activated until you work with the feature.
For example, if you work with the normal phone display, you wouldn’t be able to see the ‘Check Admission Status on CAPS’ feature. The Phone view usually cannot access the entire page. To use the ‘Desktop View’ on your mobile device, follow the procedures below;
- Click the three vertically arranged dots that lie to the upper right corner of the screen display. It is usually the last icon towards the right.
- You would see a drop-down menu that includes the ‘Desktop View’ feature. Click that.
- Immediately, your phone screen displays a larger page where you can check your admission status. From there, you can either accept or decline your admission.
- In case you cannot see or read the print effectively when you are using the ‘Desktop View’, you can easily zoom in to effectively read the fonts.