How to Cook Egusi Soup Frying Method
Egusi soup is a popular dish in Nigeria that’s enjoyed by every tribe so today we’re going to learn how to cook egusi soup frying method. This method is super delicious and also very easy to prepare. Make sure to read to the end so you don’t miss anything.
Below are the steps on how to cook egusi soup by frying method
Ingredients for frying method of egusi soup
- Ugu leaves
- Goat meat
- Stock fish
- Dry fish
- Yellow pepper
- Red pepper
- Ground pepper
- Opeyi (local seasoning)
- Seasoning cubes
- Palm oil
How to make Egusi Soup without Boiling
- Start by adding your palm oil in your pot and leave it to get hot for about 30 seconds
- Add your blended onion and pepper to the hot oil, stir and allow them to fry
- Next step add your grounded egusi with one cup of water, stir and combine them together and allow it to fry for about ten minutes on medium heat once you get this part right your egusi soup is as good as done.
- Leave it to fry for about ten minutes and stir occasionally so it doesn’t burn, keeping doing this until you see the palm oil bubbling right on top of the paste.
- Then add your meat stock i.e water you got from boiling your goat meat and kpomo to the egusi and stir until everything is properly combined.
- Now add your goat meat and kpomo into the pot, add another water if your meat stock is not enough and stir until it becomes light for about 2-3 minutes
- After cooking for about a minute add your ground pepper, crayfish, opeyi, seasoning cubes, stock fish, dry fish( remember to wash it first to remove all germs) and finally sprinkle a reasonable about of salt for more taste and stir very well.
- Allow to cook for about 10 minutes while you clear up your kitchen
- Finally add your ugu leaves, stir for about 30 seconds and remove your pot from the fire.
- Your egusi soup is now ready, you can enjoy with fufu, semovita, garri or pounded yam
That’s how to prepare egusi soup by frying method. If you enjoyed this post be kind to share to your friends and loved ones using the share button, thanks for your time.