If you recently created a First Bank account and you are looking for a way to retrieve your account number, you have come to the right place. In this article, I will be showing you how to check your First Bank account number via SMS including other ways you can do so.
The bank account number is among the most popular set of digits in the world. It is always good to keep your account number at reach. That is how you are going to receive that money you are expecting.
But sadly, most times after creating a bank account, people fail to write it down somewhere or memorize it. Even when they do, they always carry it around.
Your account number should be kept in a safe place where you can always reach out for it in a case of emergency. In case you have forgotten or lost yours, we have listed the simplest ways to get it from your bank below.
How to check my first bank account number via sms
To check your account number via SMS, all you have to do is to dial the first bank dedicated USSD code for that. The first bank USSD code is *894#.
The First Bank Quick Banking USSD Code *894# was introduced as a way for customers to easily and securely bank from any mobile device. You can perform day to day banking actions with the Quick Banking code.
Lastly and most important in this case, with the Quick Banking code, you can also check your account number.
Before going ahead, you will need to activate First Bank mobile banking if you haven’t done so yet. Dial *894*00# and input the required details to activate.
To check your account number,
- Using the number associated with your First Bank account profile, dial *894# on your phone.
- On the USSD pop up, input the mobile PIN of your account.
- From the list of options, input the number corresponding to the option “account number” and press send. You will receive a text message containing your account number.
Now that you have gotten your account number, it is advisable you write it down somewhere you can access easily. I usually save mine as a contact on my phone. You can do so too if you are okay with it.
So what do you do if you want to check your account number and you are not with the numbers linked to your bank account profile?
If you were to dial *894# with a number other than the linked number, you won’t be able to check your account number. The solution therefore, is to use other means to check it.
So let’s look at other ways, apart from SMS, that you can check your First Bank account number
How to check your first bank account number
If you do not have what is required to check your First Bank account number via SMS, below are other ways to do it.
Using the First Bank Mobile App
If you have the First Bank mobile app installed on your phone, then you have found the easiest alternative. The mobile app comes with many features that allows you to view your account details, make transfers, pay bills and do a lot of other things.
To check your account number using the First Bank Mobile App
- Open the app. You should be logged in already.
- Find the manage account options click on it.
- Click on the option for account number and you should see it right away.
Go to manage account. Select account number and you will see it displayed on the page.
Chat with First Bank customer care agent on social media
Almost everyone is on one social media platform or the other. For this reason banks also have social media accounts so as to easily attend to customer issues.
You can chat up a customer care agent via official First Bank social accounts on the different social media platforms. Present your issues to them and they’ll assist to get your account number.
To chat with a First Bank customer care agent on social media;
- Search for the First Bank official accounts on Twitter or Facebook or any other social media platform where they have an account. Be sure it is the official account to avoid being scammed by online scammers. It should be a verified account.
- Now send a message to the account stating what you want help with. You should get a reply in a short time.
- Some details will be required from you for verification. Provide the needed details and your account number will be sent to you as soon as the customer service agent is able to trace your account to the details provided.
Check your account number via the First Bank website
This is another secured way of checking your account number. From the first bank website you can be able to access their various official customer care service channels.
So there are more than one ways you can check your account number via the first bank website.
To do this;
- Open the first bank website on your browser.
- Look for a message icon and click on it. It should be floating somewhere on the screen. This will open up a chat channel with customer care online.
- Request for your account number.
Alternatively, you can;
- Go to the first bank website on your browser.
- Navigate to the section that says personal banking.
- Select your account type
- Place a request to see your account details and it will be sent to you.
If you are having issues with using any of the above methods to check your account number, then you visit the nearest First Bank branch closest to you.
Talk with a customer agent in the bank and they will assist you to get your account number. You can also call the First Bank customer care line or send them an email.