Prepare chicken sauce for white rice
Do you know you can actually prepare chicken sauce for white rice? Chicken sauce is a tasty popular Nigerian dish enjoyed by many. It consists of different combinations of vegetables and spices loaded with vital nutrients for your general well being.
Chicken sauce is not only limited to chicken as the main ingredient of the dish, do you know you can turn chicken sauce to a full meal by serving it with other dishes? In my previous post I shared how you can make chicken sauce with irish potato it’s a very nutritious and mouth watering recipe. But today I’m going to be showing you how to prepare chicken sauce for white rice, another yummy combination!
SEE ALSO: How to Cook Fried Rice Without Frying
- Corn flour
- Ground pepper
- Chili powder
- Soy sauce
- Hot chili sauce
- Seasoning cubes
- Vegetable oil
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Sesame seed
SEE ALSO: How to Make Chicken Curry Sauce
How to prepare chicken sauce for white rice
1. Map out the quantity of rice you want to cook, wash it, parboil it and keep it aside.
2. Wash and cut your chicken into sizable chunks and pour them in a mixing bowl
3. Season the chicken with a seasoning cube, chili pepper, soy sauce, ground pepper, 2 cloves of grounded garlic, sprinkle some salt and stir properly to combine the seasoning with the chicken.
4. Marinate the seasoned chicken 24 – 48 hours, then using a different bowl add 3 tablespoons of flour and a raw egg, mix them together.
5. Transfer your marinated seasoned chicken to that bowl(egg & flour mixture) and give it a very good stir.
6. Pour some quantity of vegetable oil in your cooking pot and place on a medium heat. After few minutes if heating gently add your chicken chunks one after the other but be careful not to overcrowd the pot.
7. Fry the chicken until it turns to a crispy golden brown colour, then put then in a flat plate.
8. Using another different mixing bowl add 3 tablespoons of ketchup, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon of hot chili habanero sauce, 1 clove of grounded garlic, sprinkle some salt to balance the taste and ensure everything is mixed appropriately.
9. Put 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil/coconut oil into a wok/frying pan and heat up the oil on a medium heat, then add 1/2 cup of chopped of onion(fry for about 30 seconds), then add 1/2 cup of chopped red and green bell pepper, fry and stir occasionally for about 2 minutes to avoid burning.
Now that’s it!! your yummy crispy chicken sauce is ready to serve!! take out some quantity of chicken sauce in your eating plate, then add some quantity of rice by the side and enjoy!
That’s how to prepare chicken sauce for white rice. don’t forget to share to your family and friends.