Today we’ll be learning how to prepare chicken sauce with irish potatoes and how to prepare chicken sauce without irish potatoes. They’re both very easy, yummy and delicious recipe to make loaded with lots of nutrients healthy for your body.
Prepare Chicken Sauce with Irish Potatoes
Ingredients to Prepare Chicken Sauce with Irish Potatoes
1. Cut your chicken into sizable chunks, wash and add your seasonings ( seasoning cubes, pepper, salt etc) mix everything together and marinate for 24 – 48 hours. After marinating add water to it and prepare as a chicken stock.
2. Peel and chop your irish potato into small sizable bits and wash them.
3. Add a about 3 cups of water in your pot and place on a medium heat.
4. Next add the water from your chicken stock to the water already in the pot.
5. Then gently add your potato one after the other into the cooking pot with your seasoning cubes, curry, paprika, turmeric, thyme and a bit of salt. Stir and allow to cook for 15 – 20 minutes until it’s done.
6. While the potato is cooking add coconut oil to your frying pan and place on a medium heat.
7. Add your sliced onion, ginger, chopped green bell pepper, sliced carrots, green chili, red pepper, stir and fry together.
8. Next add your chicken chunks to the frying pan, mix and fry everything together for about 1 – 2 minutes and turn off your heat. (you can mix the chicken with flour for good crispy texture)
9. Now take the contents of the frying pan and pour into the boiling potato pot stir and ensure the whole contents are combined together, allow to cook for some minutes and turn off your heat.
Do you know you can prepare chicken sauce with irish potato but this time with boiled chicken or turkey? that’s without marinating it? It’s very nutritious and saves you a lot of time. You can give it a try.
Green bell pepper
Red bell pepper
1. Wash and cut your chicken into sizable chunks, season with sliced onion, seasoning cube, sprinkle some salt, add some quantity of water and allow it to boil for some minutes.
Tip: While the chicken is cooking, use this opportunity to cut your irish potato into chunks, wash them and keep them aside.
2. After boiling for some minutes and the chicken stock is ready, remove only the chicken from the stock, put them in a bowl or plate and set them aside.
3. Gently pour your irish potato into the boiling stock, add some sliced onion, 2 tablespoons of grounded crayfish, a teaspoon of turmeric powder, a teaspoon of curry powder, some salt to taste, a seasoning cube(only if the one in the chicken stock is not enough) stir, cover it and allow it to cook for some minutes until its done.
Tip: If you have another heat source continue with the next step while your potato is cooking if not, wait until your potato is almost done before moving to the next step.
4. Add some vegetable oil into a pot with some sliced onion, grounded/chopped garlic or ginger, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, some chili peppers, chopped carrots, green peas, stir and fry for some seconds on a low heat, then add your chicken. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
Tip: If your potato is done and looks watery you can add 2 tablespoons of corn flour to it and allow to boil for 5 minutes to thicken it.
5. Once you’re done frying your chicken and vegetables, gently pour it into the potato porridge, stir and ensure everything is properly combined, cover and allow it to cook for another 3 minutes, then turn off your heat.
Your chicken curry recipe is ready to serve.
This dish is very yummy and nutritious with different combinations of colourful vegetables that makes it very pleasing to the eyes. Enjoy!